Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Update from the last 2 weeks, because my internet was down!


I have to say I have surprised myself with how little I have felt homesick. There have been days where sure I miss my mom, my dad, my brother and my friends. But things always perk up and I feel much better. However this past month I had a sick day. I woke up at 4:30 with the intention to go to work. I got up and instantly felt dizzy; I thought it was because I stood up too quickly. So I sat back down for a second and then got up and went to the kitchen. I put in my piece of bread into the toaster and attempted to make my way up the stairs to go to the toilet. However once half way up the stairs I fainted and rolled back down 8 stairs while feeling nothing. Once I had awoken I felt so nauseous so I called in sick to work. Now fainting is a common occurrence in my life. However it hasn’t happened in 2-3 years and usually I can stop it before it happens. However this time it hit me like a ninja. Normally when I faint I go forwards and I have been standing still on flat ground. This time however I went backwards as I was walking up stairs. But usually when I am sick I like to have ginger ale. This country doesn’t have any. Then I wanted those square crackers that come in a red box and I never know there name but guess what? This country doesn’t have any. So the next best thing, Lipton’s chicken noodle soup and omg guess what? This country doesn’t have any. After realizing that food wasn’t going to comfort me on my sick day, and my mom was thousands of miles away I gave up and just slept. I slept 20 hours on my sick day. This was the first day I was truly homesick. So I decided when I woke up that evening I was going to Skype my parents but to my frustration the internet was down and was down until the 20th.. So now I had e-mail only on my phone but it’s so slow! Needless to say that was a bad day. I did not like that day. But now were going into the final stretch. My parents are going to be here in 2 days and I am so excited! It’s been 4 months since I have seen them and I cannot wait! It’ll be a nice visit and it’ll definitely be the boost I need to get my through till June!

No comments:

Post a Comment