Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas & London with the Family!

So my parents finally arrived!! The whole day I waited for them I was so anxious and excited! I could not wait to see them after 4 months. So my mom told me the bus would pull in at 4:30 and my friend Char and I were there for 4:15 well buses kept pulling in but my parents weren't getting off. 5 buses later they finally got off the bus! While there was some tears and super long embraces it was amazing to see them again. And my amazing friend Char offered to meet them with me and take them to their  B & B. So we loaded up all their suitcases and went to the B & B. We had dinner at a Wetherspoons and then walked back to my house. They stayed for a while just to meet my room mates and see the house. I spent the night at my place because I had to work the following morning. Then on Christmas eve we went into Cardiff to shop and so they could see the castle. My mom then cooked a meal (one of my fav's) and we just hung around. I spent the night at their hotel and we opened gifts and stayed up watching a movie. I then went to work the next day and the room was amazing. We had giant snowmen, a life size gingerbread house and an amazing selection of food! After work I met my parents at their hotel, got dressed and went to Char's for a Christmas spread. It was really good and filled with great conversation. I then came back home so I could pack for London and do some laundry. So the next morning I met my parents at the bus station and we were off to London! London with my parents was awesome! We saw the Changing of the Guard, we did the London eye and did a river boat down the Thames. We saw Big Ben. Westminster Abbey, and the Parliament buildings. I had loads of fun and we managed to see Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Great show! If you have time and the opportunity go see it! But on the 29th I had to come home because I had to work on the 30 and 31st. So I ate my food at 5, got on the tube at 5:08ish but it broke down and took me a total of 12 minutes. Once off the tube I had to run at least 2 blocks which isn't too bad but with a whole steak in your stomach it's pretty bad! Got my luggage and made the bus lol. Took a lot of energy but I did make it back to Newport. I then worked on the 30th and I have to work tonight. Then I am going to a friends house for some drinks after work but I have to catch the 9:25 am bus tomorrow to meet my parents back in London because I am going to..... PARIS! So on the 1st I am doing the London dungeon all by myself, meeting my parents and going to dinner and the musical We Will Rock You and in the morning we are taking the Eurostar to Paris until the 5th. I am so unbelievably excited for Paris. But in other news back home, one of my closest girl guide leaders just had her surrobabe. I am so proud of her and incredibly happy to call her my friend! Congrats Dar on the beautiful journey and the incredible joy you just gave a couple! Enjoy your Guinness tonight!
Happy New Year to everyone! See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment