Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another Milestone :)


Wow so I have officially been away from home for 3 ½ months and in Wales for 2 months. I cannot believe how fast it’s gone. In 4 days it will be December and I am blown away! It seems like only yesterday I was at the airport saying good bye. I have enjoyed every moment of it and I cannot wait for more! So I spent Saturday day and night London visiting some friends from high school. I bussed there, took a double Decker red bus to my hotel and then the tube to meet up with them and I didn’t get lost once. We walked down Regent Street which is the main shopping drag. We had lunch and then we walked through Hyde Park which is like the central park of London. I saw the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain which is beautiful. Then we walked through Harrod’s! OMG one day when I'm rich I plan to buy everything there! The dresses and the shoes and toys! I touched a Marchesa gown for 13,000. I felt as though if I touched something I’d ruin it. And the shoe section! My goal is own at least one thing from there before I leave. I was able to see Big Ben up and close. But what I learned is that Big Ben is attached the Parliament buildings and it’s the bell inside that’s called Big Ben.  I thought it was the clock face that was called Big Ben. I got to see the London Eye all lit up because it was dark by this point. And then we headed back to the hotel for some chilling out time. But next time I go, I plan to see Buckingham Palace better, ride the London eye, Go to the Ripley’s Believe it or not museum and I am going to do a bus sightseeing tour.
And for those of you who live under a rock... BREAKING DAWN PART 1 came out Friday. I went to the midnight showing with Charl who I probably drove crazy that night! Thanks Charl for putting up with me! But the movie was AMAZING!!! I can’t wait to go see it again! It missed a few lines that I would have liked to see in it and they got a few outfits wrong but hey its show biz. But it was great! It had a different twist to it and it portrayed Bella and Jacob’s book quite well. I even cried in the movie and I won’t tell you when or why I cried because I am assuming most of you haven’t seen it yet. But after sleeping in till 1 pm the next day, I went to my first eve UK Girl Guide sleepover! The girls had loads of fun and they’ve totally warmed up to me. I love being able to have a unit here. We did tons of crafts and a lovely campfire thanks to me! The only thing though that drove me crazy and this is because of my lovely leadersJ, the girls didn’t have to make bedrolls and they were allowed inflatable mattresses. Like plug into the wall mattresses. It drove me bonkers to sit there and watch them plug them in and pull their sleeping bags from garbage bags! But that’s how I was taught as a Girl Guide. And believe me when I start the Brownie Unit back home next year, bedrolls will be the second meeting! They’ll be going to their first camp with amazing bedrolls.  But I have had a lovely 5 days off and now it’s back to work again, including a Sunday shift L so not my favourite. I am getting better with posting though don’t ya think. This one only took me 2 weeks lol. I’ll post sometime in the next 10 days.  And to end my post I’d like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREEZERS!!! Wish I could be there to celebrate. Love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment